Table Participants: Valerie R. Bethel, Jerome Wade, Rachel Dial, Mary Ross, Jennifer Snodgrass, Chidi Uche, J Harrison Coleman, Merideth Wilkerson
• If the building is reused/redeveloped there need to be clauses that stipulate what can be placed there – no more liquor stores and things of that nature.
• One of the downfalls of Malcolm X is that we don’t have walls in our school (the school has an open floorplan). One suggestion we have is to move us into the old Turner.
• We didn’t get walls, we didn’t get the old Turner but what we got is the decision to send our kids elsewhere.
• The Department of Homeland Security is on the way…we are right by a metro stop. It basically seems like the writing is already on the wall concerning what people are going to with the land.
• Building Reuse suggestion: Keep the building in the DCPS portfolio. If the population grows open it up as a DCPS school. Do not give it away.
• Building Reuse suggestion: Put homeland in basement. Give us our walls and let us stay in our school.