We offer a wide range of products and services, including online content, advertising services, membership subscriptions, books, jewelry, candles, websites, digital content, online services, and online courses (collectively “products”).
What Personal Information will we collect from you?
We may collect personally identifiable information from you that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual (“Personal Information”). Personal Information can be collected in a variety of ways, including through our interactions with you and through our products.
You provide some of this Personal Information directly through online forms for ordering products, registering as a member on our website, or through your correspondence with us. Through these interactions, you may be asked to provide us with your first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide Personal Information, you can decline. Many of our products require you to provide us with some of your Personal Information in order for us to provide you with such product. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information necessary to provide you with a product, you cannot use that product. Likewise, where we need to collect Personal Information by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the Personal Information, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time.
With our customer’s consent, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers such as your name, phone number, mailing address, and email address
- Credit, debit, or payment card information if used, such as for billing purposes
Occasionally, we purchase third-party marketing data and add it to our existing user database to better target our advertising and provide pertinent offers we think our users would be interested in. We use this information to enhance or overlay the ‘profile’ of individual users. This aggregate marketing data is therefore tied to the users’ Personal Information.
What will we do with your Personal Information?
Our Use of Your Information. Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use Personal Information to:
- Comply with legal, reporting, and regulatory requirements;
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties;
- Create and manage your account;
- Deliver targeted advertising, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and our website to you;
- Email you regarding your account or order;
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to our products;
- Increase the efficiency and operation of our products;
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with our website;
- Notify you of updates to our products;
- Offer new products and/or recommendations to you;
- Perform other business activities as needed;
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity;
- Process payments and refunds;
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of our website and/or products;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Respond to product and customer requests; and
- Send you a newsletter.
- Sales of Personal Information. We have not and will not sell your Personal Information.
- Disclosures of Personal Information.
- In order to properly and efficiently provide you with our products, we may share the following types of Personal Information to a limited group of trusted third parties:
- Identifiers such as your name and email address;
- Credit, debit, or payment card information if used, such as for billing; and/or
- Geolocation data and/or address.
The above Personal Information may be disclosed to the following limited group of third parties:
- Our Agents. We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”), such as our attorneys, accountants, auditors, shippers, and credit card processors. We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products to you. For example, if a customer purchases a monthly membership subscription, we disclose their name, address, and credit card information to our credit card processor. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary for them to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Do you collect and use any other information from me?
We may collect other data from you that is not Personal Information and does not reveal your specific identity or does not relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect this other data in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, date, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our website functions properly.
- Aggregate Information: Aggregated demographic information may be shared with our partners and advertisers but is not linked to any Personal Information. We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the users of our website and our products to determine information regarding the use of our website and general information about our customers. We may also group this information to provide general aggregated data. The aggregated data will not personally identify any customers or visitors to our website.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of website users and email recipients, market our products to you, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about our website’s usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our website, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering our website. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP Address.